11/30/2012

Rainy days

I don't mind rain. Really, I don't. Snow, yes. Rain, nope. Summer rains are the best, after a long humid day, they make me want to dance, and it has happened more than once that I got strange looks because I was the one to go and stand in the rain while others took shelter under a roof.


Best of all I like the dark, grey days, when I am all snuggled up, with a cat, a DVD, a new project, in bed, in my armchair, with a cup of chai, with a blanket around me, with a book, whatever ... while out there the skies are coming down.
I remember that even when I was in elementary school (one or the other decade ago ;-)), I loved rainy days. I felt safe in school then, it was somehow comfortable, and I loved to look out of the window. It's a feeling that is hard to describe, but that I never forgot or lost.
Yup. I like rain.

Do you want to know what the other Jewelry Artisans Community members think about it? Have a look!

N Valentine Studio
Ponder the Cat

4 comments:

  1. We definitely agree about rainy days and snow, Cat! Except that we rarely get summer rain; wish we did.

    Love your rainy day inspired jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone with this feeling, Dawn!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Dancing in the rain - love doing that! And since we moved here to the desert, it is sorely missed. Beautiful rain-inspired jewelry, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the desert has its own charm ... colors, texture ... if you look closely, but I have to admit that I would have a very hard time to adapt to actually living there.

      Thank you, Catherine.

      Delete